Wednesday, April 7, 2010

happy birthday joe!


joe is wonderful, he somehow knows exactly what to say to make me laugh, to lift my spirits or calm my troubled heart (for example the other day when i was feeling blue he wrapped me in his arms and in my ear quietly sang "I just died in your arms tonight, it must have been somethin' you said"...in an awesome aaron neville voice of course).
joe is an extremely hard worker (notice the tired eyes in the picture above, caused by HOURS of studying) and he also works a few hours a week at not one, but two other jobs outside of school. he also does laundry, mops the floor and does the dishes. how did i get so lucky?

joe is thoughtful. i came home from work to find flowers on the table, the sweetest bouquet of garden flowers from the florist next door where he hand selected each flower himself. even though he is stressed and so busy with his own worries and schedule he takes the time to do nice things for me.
joe is a good cook. he can make the best omelet i have ever tasted.

what can i say, i am a very lucky woman to be married to joe. i was driving the other day and was overcome by such an intense feeling of love for him that it actually brought tears to my
eyes.


i love you baby!

4 comments:

The Graters said...

Oh Joe, what can I say. You are the best! I am so happy that you and my sister found each other and that you are part of our family. I LOVE the way that you take care of her, even when you are so maxed out in your own life. Good job a million times for being such a wonderful man! Stu, Burke and I love you!

Mike and Madelyn said...

You and Joe are so perfect together! We miss you!!!

The Graters said...

I don't know much, but I know I want to hear this Aaron Neville impression, and that may be,ee eee all I need to know. Love, Stu

Dianne said...

Yes, Joseph has always had a tender heart from the beginning of his life. People are drawn to him, I think. I like to hear the stories of how he cheers you up, Marie. Happy, happy birthday, Dear Joseph.
Love