Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Wonderful Christmas! ~

We are now home from three wonderful weeks in Utah were we spent Christmas and New Year's with our families. It was a whirlwind of laughing, playing and parties. Just a quick re-cap:

Making gingerbread houses at Mama Peck's.

Seeing

the lights

at Temple Square.

Making homemade tortillas for Christmas Eve dinner (thank you Mikey!).

I am taking the picture so Joe is holding my place, thanks babe!

Christmas Eve at Mama Sant's house.


Cutest couples ever!


Breakfast at Granger's on Christmas morning.

Christmas Day...

playing,

presents,

feasting,

toasting

and hanging out.

(Sigh)....what a wonderful day.

And finally the good bye breakfast on the morning we left (thanks Mama Sant, the quiche was amazing!).

Group photo (Joe is the chillest of us all!).


This trip was so fun and so special for me. It was wonderful to see all of you especially after being away for a while. The love you showed us was so overwhelming it was hard to take it all in. On our flight home Joe and I talked about how lucky we are to have such wonderful people in our families and how we were showered with gifts of love, time, money and genuine care during our visit (and all the time for that matter), "thank you" doesn't do it justice. My heart gets so full when I think of all of you, it aches to be closer but at the same time it is comforted knowing you are there and that you support me.

2008 was a wonderful year and I am looking forward to a wonderful 2009. I love you all - Marie

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Yay! It WAS a good Christmas! It was so fun to have you guys in town!

Marie said...

Thank you, it was great to be there with you guys as well. Good times, good times.

Liz said...

woohoo- u guys are posting on your blog again! miss u!!

Ann Marie said...

A very good recap of the holiday season. Next year, I want you all to watch Andy Williams' Christmas special with me---it is the best. He has sweaters and pants that match, but he sings all the favorite songs. I only wish my Christmas good-bye was better, but thanks for coming to see me at Grandma and Grandpa's!!
Love, Mommmmmm