Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

If my dad were still with us he would be turning 59 today! It has been a little over three years since he died - it's weird to think it's been that long. I have missed him, some days more than others, but I have definitely missed him. I like to think of his friendly laugh, and I've been wondering what kind of cake he would have picked out today...probably chocolate with a bowl of maraschino cherries on the side:). It's too bad he had to go so soon. It seems like there is still so much time left, so much life left to live and he should be here with us. But we still have the memories, they are our forever. Today I want to honor his memory. I will think of him and smile and know he is my dad, and always will be. I love you dad - Happy birthday!


{From left to right: Simon, Calvin, Dallin, Alec, Abraam, Vanessa, Joe
Mom, Sadie, Dad, Heidi, Marie (not pictured Dax, Rachel, Stu)}

1 comment:

The Graters said...

It was great reading your post on Dad's birthday Marie. I miss him too, so much some days. Oh, and you know he'd order a cup-o-joe to go with that chocolate cake and maraschino cherries. With extra cream. :) I love you Dad! And want to honor you on your birthday too.