Friday, July 30, 2010

A few events in July...

i work with a wonderful Filipino woman named Vangie, she was my trainer and we clicked right away - she really does have a heart of gold. she invited us to the annual picnic put on by the Filipino American Association of Pittsburgh. it's a pretty big ta-do, they have booths were they sell Filipino jewelry and clothes, and TONS of authentic Filipino cuisine complete with a roasted pig.

Dolly (Vangie's adopted mom), Vangie and me

i have never seen a whole roasted pig before!

Filipino dancing.

my cousin madelyn, her husband mike and their baby marina visited from Philly and we met them for breakfast at Pamela's. madelyn, it was so great to see you guys!

joe, me, mike, madelyn, marina.

marina - she is such a doll!

i attended a baby shower for Tiffany Hatch who is pregnant with twins - hats off to her!

it had a rubber ducky/bath time theme - very cute:).

and of course there was tons of food.

kelly, me, tiffany and carlee, just a few of the ladies that attended. it was nice to see you tiff - congrats!


we took a trip to lake erie at presque isle park and it was so great! there was plenty of parking, the beach was nice and the water was warm.


it was so nice to just lounge, relax and listen to the waves.

we tried to swim out to the rock island behind me but got stopped by the life guard before we made it.



on the way home we stopped at this great old cemetery.



the headstones and grave markers were huge. i love the cemeteries around here, they are filled with history - it's enchanting.


july was fun and eventful, i'm really looking forward to august:).

3 comments:

tiffany and darren said...

Looks like you had a great month!!
I have to say thanks for taking the picture of all the food at my shower. I was so bummed because I got pieces of it, but not the whole thing, so thanks!! I stole it and put it on my blog, I hope you don't mind.

Ann Marie said...

fun!!! and happy anniversary!

Mike and Madelyn said...

You guys always do the best things! What a fun month. So glad we got to be a small part of it :)