Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Congratulations Pens!


On Friday night the Penguins won the Stanley cup. Yah for them! Even though I am not into sports it is still exciting to be in a city on game day with so many loyal fans. You can feel the excitement and anticipation in the air like electricity before a lightning storm. Plus when ever the sports teams do well here it makes my life a lot easier - explaination: people in Pittsburgh are so devoted to their sports that when their team wins they feel that they themselves are in fact winners. Being winners makes people happy, happy people let me merge on the freeway, smile at me when they ring my groceries and don't yell at me when their doctor hasn't called their prescription into the phamacy - hence a win for a Pittsburgh sports team is a win for me:).

3 comments:

Lu said...

Marie!! Fun to read and see your cutest blog! Your apartment is super cute. I still can't believe you ended up in Pittsburgh of all places!! Hope you 2 are doing well and enjoying it.

Mike and Madelyn said...

Go Pens! I totally agree with you, Pittsburghers are emotionally tied up in their teams...I think I'm getting sucked into it :)

Ann Marie said...

yay for happy people who are nice to you when the Pens win!